As the year draws to a close, it's time to look back at Pink Tentacle's most popular stories of 2008. Here are the top ten, in case you missed them the first time:
1. Scientists extract images directly from brain: New brain analysis technology allows scientists to read minds, perhaps paving the way for the development of a dream recorder.
2. Japanese custom scooters: Links to photo galleries of radical custom bikes.
3. Styrofoam dome homes: Cheap, sturdy igloo-shaped modular home kits made of expanded polystyrene foam.
4. IKEA decks out Kobe train: Photos of an IKEA ad campaign that transformed the Kobe Portliner Monorail into a moving showroom.
5. Edo-period monster paintings by Sawaki Suushi: Old-school horror.
6. Origami spaceplanes to launch from space station: Details of JAXA's plan to throw paper airplanes toward Earth from the International Space Station (see photos). In December, the space agency canceled their plans over safety concerns.
7. Bento lunches decorated as album covers: Magnificent bento art.
8. Monster octopi with scores of extra tentacles: Extraordinary freaks of nature.
9. Decorated trains of Japan: Photos of anime and manga inspired trains.
10. Man charged with dumping silicone girlfriend: Breaking up is hard to do.
Thanks for reading! See you again in 2009.